- Must meet all qualifications of section 391 and 383 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Age: Minimum of 24
- Experience: 2 years of recent verifiable OTR tractor/trailer
- No felonies in the past 5 years
- No Narcotic or other drug related convictions
- No failures or refusals of Drug and Alcohol tests
- No Major Violations Allowed:
- Any alcohol or drug related offenses
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving while license is suspended or revoked
- Reckless, negligent, or careless driving
- Speeding in excess of 15 mph over the posted limit.
- Other serious violations not listed above
- No Preventable D.O.T Recordable Accidents within the past 3 years
- CSA/PSP Scores Pulled and Reviewed
- Must submit to a pre-employment/pre-contract urine drug test with a negative result
Commercial Driver Summary or Purpose
To transport and deliver freight in a safe manner by driving a diesel powered tractor-trailer combination over the road, long distances to and from customers and other locations as assigned. You will be delivering product in raw and processed form, loose and packaged. Awareness of requirements to operate a reefer unit is required.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailer.
- Load and unload trailer, either individually or with assistance, with or without mechanical freight-handling equipment.
- Perform lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of freight.
- Inspect tractors and trailers for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips.
- Submit in writing a drop trailer inspection report each time you drop a trailer.
- Knowledge and follow ALL D.O.T. Hours of Service Regulations at all times. (11, 14 and 10 hour rules)
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skill in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading docks areas.
- Ensure that all shipping documentation (bill of lading, shipping orders, freight bills etc.) required in moving this shipment is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipments when delivered.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal Regulations including drivers’ logs, record of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all Federal, State and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Report all accidents/incidents involving driver or company equipment immediately.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdown, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities related to pickup or delivery of cargo
- Safe and legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Safe and timely transportation of freight from origin to destination.
- Proper handling and accurate completion of all necessary paperwork related to truck operations and freight movements.
- Professional representation of the company and the trucking industry through responsible driving.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) in the state of residence.
- Must have a minimum of two years, verifiable, tractor-trailer OTR driving experience.
- Must have the ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of the D.O.T. regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspections and maintenance.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the D.O.T. performed by company appointed physicians.
- Must satisfactorily pass a D.O.T. qualified drug test.
Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.